Sunday, June 20, 2010

#5 The Polar Express Book and Movie Review

The Polar Express by Chris Van Allsburg was The Caldecott Medal book winner. This has always been one of my favorite books and I was so excited when they finally came out with the movie. The movie certainly did justice to the book!! At first, I was a little skeptical because most of the time children's movies are not anything like the books. The movie does go into more detail than the book, but that is to be expected.

I watched the movie in 3-D and the graphics were unbelievable. They were very detailed and it reminded me of the illustrations in the book. This movie is very suitable for elementary students.

All in all, I would have to give the book and the movie two thumbs up. They are both worth reading and watching or buying like I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment